Note from Gregg:
I help people craft a good life with good work. I offer workshops, retreats, speaking, and coaching on life design, personal development, and leadership. I help people avoid common traps of living so they can succeed and thrive in all their chosen endeavors.
(Sign up for my email newsletter for inspirations, opportunities, and resources on personal and leadership development. To get my manifesto on how to avoid the Common Traps of Living and free book chapters, check out my Free Guide.)
Gregg Vanourek is a writer, teacher, facilitator, and speaker on life design and leadership. He’s worked at market-leading ventures across industries and sectors.
Gregg was a tech startup executive at K12 Inc. (now a market leader with $1 billion in sales) and co-founded New Mountain Ventures (developing entrepreneurial leaders).
Gregg is co-author of three influential books, including LIFE Entrepreneurs (a clarion call for infusing our life with passion and purpose) and Triple Crown Leadership: Building Excellent, Ethical, and Enduring Organizations (a winner of the International Book Awards). His books, workshops, and talks are appreciated by thousands of people worldwide, many of whom have reinvented their life and work with Gregg’s tools as a guide. His writing has appeared in or been reviewed by Fast Company, BusinessWeek, U.S. News & World Report, New York Times, Entrepreneur, Inc., Harvard Business blogs, and more.
Gregg has given talks in many countries. His TEDx talk is a call to focus on discovering who we are and what we value most.
Having lived and worked in the U.S. and Europe, Gregg was Vice Director of the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management Program at KTH-Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, and Vice Center Director for the award-winning Stockholm School of Entrepreneurship at KTH. He served as Chairman of the Board of SE Forum (a global social entrepreneurship accelerator) in Stockholm.
He taught thousands of students over a decade at different universities in Stockholm (and now Denver) in executive and master’s courses. Gregg was a senior vice president at the Thomas B. Fordham Foundation (which he helped to launch), research fellow at the Hudson Institute (think tank), and board member of the Vail Leadership Institute.
Gregg graduated from the Yale School of Management (M.B.A.), London School of Economics and Political Science (M.Sc.), and Claremont McKenna College (B.A., magna cum laude), where he was an Academic All American soccer player.
He lives near Denver, Colorado with his wife and daughters. Twitter: @gvanourek
• LIFE Entrepreneurs is a clarion call for integrating our life and work with purpose and passion. It tells the stories of people who have reinvented themselves and infused their life and work with passion and fulfillment. The book draws on interviews with 55 remarkable people. Co-author: Christopher Gergen, a dynamic social entrepreneur (and friend).
• Triple Crown Leadership champions a better brand of leadership that builds excellent, ethical, and enduring organizations. It draws upon our own experience, research, and interviews with leaders in 61 organizations in 11 countries. This book was a winner of the International Book Awards and has been called “the best book on leadership since Good to Great.” Co-author: Bob Vanourek (my father and a five-time CEO).
• Charter Schools in Action outlines a bold vision for how to renew public education with the needs of children, families, and educators in mind. Co-authors: Chester E. Finn, Jr. and Bruno V. Manno.
Gregg’s Top Blogs on Personal Development:
- The Mental Prisons We Build for Ourselves
- Do You Have Margin in Your Life?
- The Trap of Caring Too Much about What Others Think
- Tired of Settling? How to Light Your Life and Work on Fire
- 10 Keys to Self Leadership