Hi there and welcome! I help you with personal development, life design, and leadership through courses and workshops as well as speaking and coaching. I’m here to help you avoid common traps of living and leadership derailers–and gain clarity, motivation, and a powerful path forward–so you can succeed and thrive in all you chosen endeavors.
Creator of the Crafting Your Life & Work online course. Co-author of three influential books, including a winner of the International Book Awards, and more than 20 published articles and book chapters. Extensive experience with market-leading organizations across industries and sectors. TEDx speaker and presenter of talks and workshops in 8 countries.
Resources for you:
- Take my Crafting Your Life & Work online course to find happiness, success, and fulfillment doing what you love.
- Take my Traps Test (Common Traps of Living) to identify what’s getting in the way of your happiness and fulfillment.
- Take my Quality of Life Assessment to help you discover your strongest areas and the areas that need work.
- Use my Goal-Setting Template (Beyond SMART Goals) to help you set goals you can achieve based on best practices.
- Sign up for my monthly email newsletter for inspirations and resources on personal and leadership development.
- Complete my Personal Values Exercise to determine what’s most important in your life and work.
- Take my Leadership Derailers Assessment to identify what’s inhibiting your leadership effectiveness.
Take the Traps Test
We all fall into traps in life. Sometimes we’re not even aware of it, and we can’t get out of traps we don’t know we’re in. Evaluate yourself with our Traps Test.
Gregg Vanourek helps people with personal development and leadership through his books, courses, workshops, and speaking. He’s worked at market-leading ventures across industries and sectors.
He runs Gregg Vanourek LLC (a training and development venture) and teaches leadership at Stockholm Business School in its Executive MBA program. He also offers his the Crafting Your Life & Work online course to help you find happiness, success, and fulfillment doing what you love. Gregg was a tech startup executive at K12 Inc. (now a market leader with $1 billion in sales) and co-founded New Mountain Ventures (developing entrepreneurial leaders).
Gregg is co-author of three influential books, including LIFE Entrepreneurs: Ordinary People Creating Extraordinary Lives (a clarion call for infusing our life with passion and purpose) and Triple Crown Leadership: Building Excellent, Ethical, and Enduring Organizations (a winner of the International Book Awards). His books, workshops, and talks are appreciated by thousands of people worldwide, many of whom have reinvented their life and work with Gregg’s tools as a guide. His writing has appeared in or been reviewed by Bloomberg Businessweek, Entrepreneur, Fast Company, Harvard Business Review, Inc., Leader to Leader, New York Times, Publishers Weekly, U.S. News & World Report, Washington Post, Washington Times, CNBC.com, ColoradoBiz, Leaderonomics, People & Strategy, TLNT.com, and more publications.
Gregg has given talks and workshops in many countries. His TEDx talk is a call to focus on discovering who we are and what we value most.
Having lived and worked in the U.S. and Europe, Gregg was Vice Director of the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management Program at KTH-Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, and Vice Center Director for the award-winning Stockholm School of Entrepreneurship at KTH. He served as Chairman of the Board of SE Forum (a global social entrepreneurship accelerator) in Stockholm. He also taught leadership at the University of Denver.
He has taught thousands of students over more than a decade at different universities in Stockholm and Denver in executive and master’s courses. Gregg was a senior vice president at the Thomas B. Fordham Foundation (which he helped to launch), research fellow at the Hudson Institute (think tank), and board member of the Vail Alliance and the Vail Leadership Institute.
Gregg graduated from the Yale School of Management (M.B.A.), London School of Economics and Political Science (M.Sc.), and Claremont McKenna College (B.A., magna cum laude), where he was an Academic All American soccer player.
He lives near Denver, Colorado with his wife, daughters, two dogs, and three cats.
• LIFE Entrepreneurs: Ordinary People Creating Extraordinary Lives is a clarion call for integrating our life and work with purpose and passion. It tells the stories of people who have reinvented themselves and infused their life and work with passion and fulfillment. The book draws on interviews with 55 remarkable people. Co-author: Christopher Gergen, a dynamic social entrepreneur (and friend).
• Triple Crown Leadership: Building Excellent, Ethical, and Enduring Organizations champions a better brand of leadership. It draws upon our own experience, research, and interviews with leaders in 61 organizations in 11 countries. This book was a winner of the International Book Awards and has been called “the best book on leadership since Good to Great.” Co-author: Bob Vanourek (my father and a five-time CEO).
• Charter Schools in Action: Renewing Public Education outlines a bold vision for how to renew public education with the needs of children, families, and educators in mind. Based on site visits to 100 schools, interviews with hundreds of administrators, and surveys of thousands of students, parents, and teachers, the book is an authoritative, comprehensive explanation and appraisal of the charter public school phenomenon. Co-authors: Chester E. Finn, Jr. and Bruno V. Manno.
Gregg Vanourek’s NewsletterJoin our community. Sign up now and get Gregg Vanourek’s monthly inspirations (new articles, opportunities, and resources). Welcome!
Gregg’s Top Blogs on Personal Development:
- How to Stop Our Negative Self-Talk: 15 Practices
- The Power of Taking Full Responsibility for Your Life
- Setting Boundaries–Why It’s So Hard and How to Do It
- Self-Deception–Why We Do It and How to Stop It
- The Mental Prisons We Build for Ourselves